Design in Motion: Sustainable Cities
Last year it was announced that China was ‘banning’ its intake of Australia’s recycling. Most Australians didn’t even realise that their recycling was being sent 7000+kms away. With some councils simply being unable to afford recycling, and instead finding quick fixes by sending reusable materials to landfill, where does this leave the future of Australia?
Is this a problem for our government to solve? Or an issue that needs to be spearheaded by corporates and everyday Australians?
Join us for a deep dive into how we as a nation can solve this crucial issue through accessing design. Three experts in the industry will present their solutions and answer important questions such as:
- How do we save our recycling efforts from going into landfill?
- How can we create a permanent solution?
- Where can we reuse these materials?
- Are there any countries leading the way?
- Is it up to the government, corporations or individuals?
- And most importantly, how do we transform this crisis into a opportunity?
You’ll learn to:
- Solve issues in your everyday, at work or in your business with design thinking skills
- Have an understanding about design and how it can be used for the greater good
Image courtesy of General Assembly