Explore the Powerhouse after hours for FREE and experience the Museum in a whole new light with a celebration of women in design for International Women’s Day and Sydney Design Festival.
Meet experts, get creative with a range of hands-on activities, tour exhibitions and chat with curators in this huge night of design.
You can also step inside our digital playground in special adults only sessions of Learn & Play! teamLab Future Park, presented by Toyota. Please note that entry to the exhibition is NOT included with a free MAASive Lates ticket but tickets are discounted by 20% for these evening sessions. Tickets to the exhibition can be purchased here
- Get creative with design activities including mini periscopes (in honour of the architecture studio TRIAS’ spectacular Four Periscopes: Architectural Commission)
- Design your workout: get physical with Retrosweat as they perform the authentic 80s workout of your dreams! Leg warmers optional.
- See amazing graphic design and print demonstrations from the Rizzeria, whose artwork will reference the Museum’s collection and champion female designers
- Join all-female led MAAS curator tours with Keinton Butler, Katie Dyer and Tilly Boleyn and gain expert insight into our incredible collection
- Enjoy a killer ladies playlist from our DJ Jai Pyne
- Hear from Sydney power-women-of-design in our all-star Speed Meet session
- Hack the Canon: contribute to this exciting project led by Josie Cavallaro and Inner West Council
- Watch the Museum’s walls transformed with beautiful projections and moving images by artist David Greenhalgh
- Register for General Assembly’s Make Trouble: Design for Change event to hear from the best as they ask ‘Is Design the Activism?’
- Sign-up to be a MAAS member and join sessions with our very own talented female gamers, run exclusively for our MAAS members, where you can create 3D models in VR using google blocks. Already a member? Book your spot here!
- Arrive early for happy hour from 6–7pm (paid bar)
18+. Bookings essential.
Step inside our digital playground and explore the possibilities of imagination, collaboration and creation at Future Park. Save 20%!
Fuelled by human interaction, step inside this digital playground and journey through eight collaborative and interactive installations. Add your artworks and watch them come alive, constantly evolving and responding to your touch and the world around you.Compose a symphony of light and sound with giant colourful musical balls, create a living ecosystem of animals and plants with digital graffiti, test out your building skills and design a futuristic town, try your hand at electronic hopscotch, plus so much more. Book here (select 8 March on the calendar)